Conditions of Hire
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as you will be required to sign for them prior to departure.
These Terms and Conditions cover all Luxury on the Murray, Simply Irresistible and Perricoota Marina Houseboats.
- Current prices are effective from Dec 14 2017.
- Whilst prices are subject to change at anytime, once the security bond is paid prices will not change.
- A bond of $800.00 is payable upon booking to confirm the booking, $1200.00 for New Years bookings.
- Until the bond is paid the booking is not confirmed.
- The bond paid is over and above the hire fee.
- All single sex groups will be charged a higher bond which will be determined by the proprietor.
- The bond will be returned within fourteen (14) working days minus the fuel used and any damage or cleaning charges applied.
- The make-up and ages of the group should be clearly stated to the proprietors prior to booking your holiday in order to have the bond accurately determined prior to arrival.
- Full payment of the hire fee must be made ten (10) weeks prior to the hire.
- The bond paid is additional to the hire fee and will be refunded less the fuel used and any damage or cleaning charges levied.
- At the completion of the hire the hirer is responsible for the full payment for the fuel used during the hire period.
- Any payments made by MasterCard or Visa card will attract a merchant fee of 2%.
- Prior to the hirer taking possession and departing the moorings the hirer and all members of the group are required to: • Read and sign the conditions of hire • Provide their full name, address and signature
- Arrivals after 5.00 pm will have to wait until the following morning to depart the moorings.
- No boat is permitted to leave the moorings unless a member of staff has conducted a complete and thorough operational run through and instruction session covering both the on boat and on water rules.
- All bookings commence at 3.00 pm on the first day of the hire, and the boat must be returned to the moorings and completely vacated by 10.00 am on the final day of the hire.
- The boat must be returned in good, clean condition otherwise an additional cleaning charge will be levied.
- Any damage to the boat must be reported immediately so that an assessment can be made and remedial action taken. The costs to rectify any damage caused by the hirer will be taken from the bond, in the event that amount is greater than that available from the bond the hirer shall make good the balance. If the damage is major and is referred to and accepted by our insurers for action the hirer will be liable for the excess due.
- The boat must remain between the weir at Torrumbarry and go no further upstream than the Echuca Moama Bridge.
- The houseboat may only travel on the Murray River and can only do so during daylight hours.
- Any person(s) who drive the houseboat must be over 18 years of age, hold a current drivers licence and must have signed the terms and conditions of hire document.
- The number of persons on board the houseboat must not exceed the number of berths allowed and licensed to that particular houseboat under NSW Maritime regulations at any time whether under way or moored. A breach of this condition will see the hire terminated immediately.
- In the unlikely event that unfavourable river conditions or any unforeseen circumstances arise which may cause danger to the houseboat the proprietors reserve the right to re-arrange the booking. Every effort will be made to give notice in advance.
- We the proprietors agree to have the houseboat, motor and accessories in good order for each hire. We the proprietors are not obliged to compensate the hirer for any loss of time due to any unforeseen mechanical problems that may occur during the hire period.
- No responsibility will be taken for cars, trailers and/or vans etc which are parked on our property.
- No pets, firearms or motorbikes are permitted on the houseboats.
- Should the make up or mix or the group differ from that originally stated to the proprietors at the time of booking we the proprietors reserve the right to increase the bond on the spot or refuse the hire at which time all monies paid will be forfeited.
- Upon signing this document the hirer(s) agree that the owner has issued clear instructions on the correct and safe handling of the vessel, location and use of lifesaving appliances, location of fire appliances and any limits of operation of the vessel.
- We cannot guarantee uninterrupted power supply for medical devices, if a hirer requires the use of a medical device such as a sleep apnea machine you are advised to bring your own back up power supply for the device.
- Cancellation of a booking must be made at least twelve (12) weeks prior to the commencement of the hire.
- If you cancel your booking after paying your bond, you will forfeit your bond, unless that booking is rebooked for the same period of time and for the same hire fee as the original booking. Once the full replacement booking has been taken and paid for in full the bond will be returned, minus a booking fee of $150.00.
- If you cancel your booking after paying your bond and full amount you will forfeit all monies paid until that boat has been rebooked for the same period of time and for the same hire fee. If the boat is rebooked for the same period and for the same hire fee a booking fee of $150.00 will be deducted from the bond.
- Should special advertising have to be undertaken to assist in rebooking the boat the cost of the advertising will be deducted from the bond or hire fees paid.
- Our cancellation policy is not negotiable and hirers are advised to secure separate travel insurance in order to be reimbursed in the event of a cancelation.